Monday, November 30, 2009

Old friends visit

It has been non-stop since the weekend prior to Thanksgiving. Definitely too much to post in one sitting but hopefully I will be able to catch up this week.

My husband keeps in touch with several of his fraternity brothers from college. There were 4 couples (and later families as we all expanded) that would take a mountain trip every year. Our last trip was about 3 years ago. It is a much further drive from Maryland. It was always so much fun. The guys knew each other and the girls got a long so well.

One of the families stopped and stayed the night with us as they were passing through on their way to Connecticut the weekend prior to Thanksgiving. It was so wonderful to see them and their latest addition. They have 3 super cute girls.

Here they all are!

It was typical. My boys were shy at first but after a short while the kids got along great. My boys were teaching the girls how to play football. They were also giving away all of their possession to the girls. It is such a shame we live so far away and can't see each other more often.

As I talk with my friend I briefly felt a little inadequate. She home schools her daughters and is very careful about what they eat and drink. All organic foods and milk. She really seems to be doing great.

She mentioned that she makes her own flour. Then uses the flour to make bread or for any kind of recipe requiring flour. The flour you make is supposed to retain a lot of the enzymes and nutrients than the flour you purchase in the store. I remember the bread my sister-in-law used to make was so good. She brought and shared with us during one of our vacations.

This has really intrigued me. I need to do more research. But I think it is definitely something I could do for us.

No comments: