Sunday, October 18, 2009

The weekend has come to an end

After 3 full days and nights of constant rain sometimes down pouring, freezing temperatures and maybe some sleet mixed in with rain, it has FINALLY stopped. Our high temperatures were records for the last few days. I thought I was going to go stir crazy if it kept raining today.

As you have guessed we have had a very wet weekend. The boys' were out of school on Friday and they were not well behaved. I was anxious of what Saturday was going to be like.

The boys and I were scheduled for our flu shots on Saturday. I had made up my mind that the boys would NOT get the swine flu shot just the regular seasonal flu shot. I wasn't asked about it when I made our appointment and honestly I didn't think my office would have a supply. When we checked in my husband confirmed that he wanted to two older boys to get the swine flu vaccination. I guess at some point prior to the appointment I should have made my concerns vocal to him. I really didn't want them to get it and my husband could not understand why. We ended up deciding to have them get both.

The office was packed and we waited an hour to have our shots administered. There were 2 nurses working and we were hoping for one over the other, which we were happy to get. The delay was being caused by the paperwork requirement for the swine flu vaccination. Tee was the first one up and he did not shed one tear. I went next and then Jay. When it came to Ee's turn he freaked out a bit. My husband had to hold him on his lap.

We decided to keep the kids out of the house for a while. We went out to lunch and then to the bookstore. At the bookstore I had a lady approach me and start talking to me. I think she was a little off. She started by saying how looking at Tee brought back memories. She has a 9 and 13 year old. She just took white flour, processed sugar and a whole bunch of other stuff out of their diet because her son was struggling with his memory. She said he has gotten so much better and she lost 20 pounds already. She then changes the subject to tell me that she lost 8 pregnancies, 7 miscarriages and 1 ectopic. So her kids mean everything to her. Luckily, she was called away by her son because I honestly did not know what to say to her. Not that I had one chance to get a word in mind you.

Saturday afternoon we watched the movie Nim's Island. The boys enjoyed it and it broke up our afternoon a bit.

On Sunday, we decided to take the boys to the Aquarium. We have an annual membership that we had yet to use this year. We like it because we typically go but don't like to stay the entire day. It just so happened that Diego was visiting and Tee was able to get his picture taken with him. I will upload it tomorrow. He was so happy.

We took a few other pictures as well and I will hopefully download them tomorrow. I have a supper busy week. A few Dr. appointments (me and Ee) and several school commitments. On Friday, one of my friends in coming in town. Her and her husband are running the DC marathon on Sunday. My boys are so excited to visit with her triplet girls. I believe they are going to stay with us Saturday evening. Should be fun.

No comments: