Saturday, December 27, 2008

Pre-Christmas activities

In the past my neighbor has a party for the kids to decorate Christmas cookies. Becasue the kids are getting older, she decided to let them build Gingerbread houses. She purchased a kit for all the kids, which was extremely nice.

EE took no time to complete his house. I helped him while helping others at the same time. He got it all done and then moved on. I think he ate a lot of the decorating items.

The husband decided to help Jay. I still am not sure who did more work on it. I kept trying to tell my husband to let Jay do what he wanted but my perfectionist of a husband could not stop. They took a break and then Jay went back in and worked on his house for another 30 or so minutes. He made some great additions....on his own.

Couldn't leave out the baby. We gave him one cookie with icing and candies to decorate. He was only interested in eating the frosting. I can't say I blame him.
I let the older boys make cookies for Santa this year. They made the dough, cut the shapes out and then frosted/decorated them. They had such a great time doing this activity. It was so nice to keep them occupied while I got other things prepared. Santa must have really liked them because he ate all but a little piece of one.

No comments: