Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day off from school = forced family fun

When we were driving today, Tee tells me I am the best Mommy in the world.  Sound nice?  He should have stopped there, but said when you are mean you are the worst Mommy.  I told him that hurt my feelings and that I loved him very much and had to take care of him.  I guess he felt bad and he said ok Mom, you are the best Mommy in the world even if when you are mean.  I left it at that!

Friday was a day off from school, although Tee had school I let him take the day off.  In the morning, I told him we would go to the zoo and he was so excited.  He said Mommy, I have never been to the zoo.  Yes, I feel like the Mom of the year.  He is 4 and has NEVER been to the zoo. 

I purchased a groupon a few months back for a family membership.  The membership expires in December.  It was a bit of a chilly morning but that didn't stop us.  I had never been to the zoo here but had heard that the area on the way is not a great section of town.  I put the address into my GPS and away we went.  Yes, I got a bit lost but was able to find it after a few minutes.

We could have taken the tram to the animals but the boys wanted to walk.




We tried to get as many pictures as possible.

Change of photographer.

Tee is working on his skills.

The Raven!


My animals!
We spent the first part of the morning in the children's section.  Lots of animals and we didn't miss one.  After lunch, we took a train ride.  It would be nice if they had a ride that took you around some animals but it just goes out and back. 

We then hit the African animals.  There are the bigger animals: lions, elephants, giraffes, chimpanzees etc.  The last stop were the polar bears.  We did a lot of walking and decided that we would ride the tram back to the front entrance. 

I love it when the older kids have such a good time doing something that Tee enjoys.  We had such a good time.

No comments: