Sunday, October 16, 2011

Apples.....Apples

I am a bit behind.  A week ago Saturday, it was a beautiful day, we had no plans and we thought it was a good day to go to the farm.  We visit the farm a few times a year and the boys love it.

We headed around lunch in order to stop on the way there.  We stopped for sandwiches.  On the way, E made some comment about not wanting to go.  This was our first outing in a long time as a family and I was not going to let him ruin it.  My response was we were having a family day and we were ALL going to have fun.

We made our way to the apple orchard.  We were able to pick 4 different kids of apples.  It was spread out a bit so we got a lot of walking in.  We got lots and lots of apples.

The boys standing in front of the apple trees!

My piggies!
They have a maze for the kids.  Jay and Tee went right in, with Dad of course.  I was afraid that Tee was going to get separated then get lost then get upset.  They went in and had a great time making their way through.  E stood next to me just looking.  After a few times through, I asked E again if he wanted to  go through.  He said yes.  And he had so much fun.  I can't tell you how many times they all made it through the maze.  We started timing them to see how quickly they could make it back. 

In front of the maze!
 We also went for a hay ride.  As you ride through the woods you see many different characters from Winnie the Pooh to Harry Potter.  It was fun for the boys.  They tool pictures of each and every character.  As you can imagine the pictures were not great.
Our hay ride!

We managed to spend our entire afternoon at the farm.  The apples are delicious.  I have only made one dish with the apples so far.  It was a crock pot recipe for Apples.  It was really yummy.  Tomorrow I think I will try another recipe for apple bread. 

The older boys have flag football on Saturday afternoons.  Even though I had to push them into playing they absolutely love playing.  They wished that game would last longer than 1 hour.  I have yet to take my camera with me to a game. 

Our pool was finally closed this past week.  With all of the rain and colder weather we have not been able to swim since August.  We were a little late this year and I am glad it is finally closed.  The pool is covered in the winter.  The cover sits in a storage bin outside.  We have had to wait until that came out in order to put away all of the pool toys.

Yesterday was a really nice day a bit windy but nice.  We ended up starting a fire in the pit to make smores.  We invited some neighbors over to join us.  It was a fun night.

Our Sundays involve Tee's t-ball game and E/Jay have baseball practice for a few hours.  It seems like weekends fly by.

No comments: