Sunday, October 17, 2010

Where were we.....

Oh yeah, the lack of time to get much done and me just getting more to do. I have a few things that I need and have to get off my plate this week. I am trying to complete the end of one fundraiser as we started another one. The next one should not be as difficult. You either want to order cookie dough or not with nothing to return. I am still missing so many coupon books.

I am running the fundraiser at Tee's preschool but that one won't start until November 10th, so I should have some time to rest.
_______________________________________________________

Seems like bullying is a hot subject these days. I have heard there is a situation in our school of bullying. It doesn't seem like it has been handled correctly from what I understand. Each year our principal holds a coffee and conversation for the parents, which was held earlier this month. We as parents send in questions and she get to answer them. It appears that the 5th grade class this year has been a little difficult to handle. In addition to the above mentioned bullying, it appears there are many who have a lack of respect for authority. The principal made mention of kids blatantly laughing at her while she was talking with them about their behavior. I think the saddest part of it all was when she called a parent at work to discuss their child's behavior and they said don't ever call me at work about this again. You handle it. WOW! It all starts at home doesn't it?

We try to let our kids know as often as we can that they need to be kind and considerate to others and show respect for others. I think that is lacking greatly in current times.

Lots has been going on in the last month....I will update as I can.......

No comments: