Monday, October 25, 2010

Golden Shoe

Last week the boys had their Golden shoe race. The race is held by class. The students run a mile and their time and place is recorded as they enter the finish line. Points are somehow assigned (basically you want the kids in your class to come in first) and the class with the least amount of points are allowed to brag and hold onto the golden shoe for the year.

I had the boys practice a little running before the race, but they have so many sports that it was a bit hard to schedule.

It was a little hard to keep track of the kids as they were running. They both ran by me and I didn't realize it until it was too late. But I did manage to get a few pictures.

E came in 13th of the 125 kids in his class. I have to say I was shocked to see how fast he was running. He just kept going and going. I saw him stop once just to catch his breath for a moment.


Jay came in 21st. He did very well also and I believe he only stopped once for a few seconds.



The boys waiting patiently for the results. Neither of the boys' class won, but E's was a close second.
E has really taken to running. On Saturday, he went out for a run with his Dad. Maybe he will keep it up. Maybe I will get him to run a 5K sometime soon. Well, maybe we will wait until the weather warms back up.

No comments: