Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wonderland

Our October calendar was very full. I don't know that we had a free weekend. Last spring, we bid (at the school auction) and won tickets to Dutch Wonderland. It is an amusement park about an hour away from us. It is a little smaller on scale and good for younger children. The tickets expired mid-October so we felt that we had to use them.

We left early one Saturday morning and spent the entire day at the park. As luck would have it my camera ran out of battery life so my pictures were limited.


A little fun with Tee while waiting for his brothers to get off of a ride.


Mom and boys on the train ride!


Tee was not sure about the train ride at first but loved it.


The husband had to do bumper cars 3 times, one time with each child. Tee liked the ride but he was very scared.

The husband took all the boys down the flume ride. We ended up having to buy the picture of their flume coming down the hill. E was in front and doing fine, Jay looked like he was going to barf and Tee looked like he was holding on for dear life.
It is nice that the park is not large because we did a lot of walking around. We played games, we saw a Thomas show and did many rides. E loves the swings. Jay is not much of a ride goer. I guess he takes after his Mom.
The park had a "guess the pumpkin" contest. All the boys entered the contest. I ended up getting a phone call a few weeks ago letting me know that Josh won the contest. He was one pound off. The husband gave the weights to each of the kids. We were so excited. I wasn't really sure what we won as my cell phone was cutting out.


Well, I got the letter in the mail and we received 4 complimentary tickets to go back. Nice right? Yes, but the tickets expire in December of 2010. Come on Dutch Wonderland....really......you couldn't splurge and have the tickets expire sometime in 2011. The park is only open from 3 to 9 on the weekends at this point. So we should drive up there 1 hour to get there at 3 to stay for a few hours and the drive home would be another hour. We have young children who go to bed early. I thought that Dutch Wonderland could really do better than that.


Maybe we will go back.....or maybe not. I am still trying to decide whether to write a letter and let them know my thoughts or not.

No comments: