Thursday, March 24, 2011

Turning the corner......maybe

Tee has been sick for the last 5 days. It started with a little cough then escalated to a non-stop cough and a fever. He has been fever free today but still hacking a bit. I have had him on nebulizer treatments which have helped.

I am thinking he will be home from school tomorrow. He can relax and recover without spreading our germs to others.

Tee and I were playing Wii downstairs this morning. He got a little difficult and I warned him I would stop playing with him. He chose to continue being difficult so I stopped the play.

He came upstairs and started crying and this is what happened:


He fell asleep in that position. So after I took my picture, I moved him up onto the couch. He woke up, started crying again saying he didn't want to nap and then fell back to sleep.

I am hoping today is the day where he starts to feel better and gets rid of the cough.

I look at my calendar and find it hard to believe that we are almost at the end of March. We had a fairly busy month. Sports, scouts and the never ending appointments.

The husband and I actually got 2 date nights this month. I know not nearly enough but enjoyed the two we had. We went to an auction for a local private school with some friends. It was fun and my husband got a little lucky, like always. Another weekend, we drove down to DC to eat at Carmine's. It was so yummy and can't wait to go back.

The husband was gone for a week for a leadership class in Pa. It was a long week for both of us (different reasons of course) but we managed to make it through.

I am sure most of you know that I am a reality tv fanatic. I don't know why I am so intrigued. When I found out Bethenny Frankel was coming to our city on her conversation tour, I decided I needed to go. I went with a couple of girl friends. Ok, she was 30 minutes late. Really! Big huge turn off. She did start off strong and then kind of fizzled with the long conversation of her new book. The worst part was listening to the questions from the audience. Funny how everyone relates to her and needs to tell her. I am glad I went. It was my first try of the skinny girl margarita, which was very good.

We have enjoyed some really nice days this month. It brings hope that warmer weather is on its way. However, this weekend is not looking so good. It is supposed to be cold with the possibility of snow. Someone needs to explain that it is almost the end of March and snow should be out of the picture. As luck would have it, the boys are set to play in a pre-season baseball tournament this weekend. The tournament is over 1 hour away, north of us of course. So my husband/coach is trying to figure out what he needs to bring in order to keep them warm in the dugout. They are possibly staying the night up there somewhere because of a 9am game time on Sunday.

Well, it was a short nap today for the little one.....off to feed him some lunch.

No comments: