Monday, January 3, 2011

It's a new year

In our house New Years is also the husband's birthday. So we started the day taking the husband out to breakfast. We did a little shopping, mainly for me although we did manage to get a few things for my husband too.

The evening was quiet at home just us. I made a lasagna and cheesecake in honor of the husband's birthday.

I typically have a dinner party at my house but a neighbor decided she wanted to have one at her house this year. Her invitation was for 7:30 for dinner and drinks. Tee's bedtime is no later than 7:30. I feel like sleep is really important and keeping Tee up way past his bedtime is not worth it in my book. Had the party been here he would have been put to sleep at his usual time. So we spent the night as a family.

After Tee went to sleep we played a few games. Rummikub is one that we have been playing a lot lately. It is definitely a thinking game and the boys are slowly getting it. The husband and I have been playing a fun card game, Five Crowns. Ok, he did beat me badly but I am not giving up. I am going to get him soon.

The start of the new year always makes me want to get organized. I have been working hard on my office. The office has been disastrous for some time and I need to work on keeping it all together. We did manage to sort through some games/toys. We weeded out a little and put away new games.

As far as a new years resolution....the only one I am making is to not make one.

I can tell you that many people made the resolution to get back to the gym. My kick boxing class was jam packed this morning. Barely enough room to move around. I can't wait until February when those resolutions are thrown out by the wayside and the class size is smaller.

We are hoping for a blessed and healthy new year for us and those around us.

No comments: