Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

Thanksgiving week started much like it did last year. Our friends from Georgia stopped by for a night on their way to Connecticut. It is always such a nice visit but way too short. It is always an awkward few minutes before the kids interact. Once it is over it is like they have been friends forever.


The kids had a nice time playing.

It was nice having the husband home for the week. On Wednesday, he took the boys out to lunch and then to a movie. The boys enjoyed a day out with Dad and I enjoyed the time at home alone. I was able to get most of my baking/cooking done for Thanksgiving.

We have not traveled at Thanksgiving for a very long time. In the past, my husband has not taken off of work and typically had to work on the Friday after. So we have celebrated Thanksgiving on our own or with friends for a very long time.

Last year, we were thrilled that the husband's Mom was able to join us. This year we were joined by some of my family. My brother, his wife, his youngest son and his oldest daughter and her family joined us. We had a lovely day.


I am not sure what Tee was doing in the front!

We have made it our annual tradition to go to a Festival in our area. Our first stop was to visit Santa in the big children's room.


Here is Santa!
Here is Santa asking if the boys have behaved. The first response was yes. Santa said, let me ask this again, have you behaved. Then the boys came clean. He told them to make sure they were nice to each other and that they helped Mom around the house. I had a good laugh.
The boys enjoy watching the trains that are set up in one of the rooms. They get to sit here and I get to walk around a bit to look at the craft booths.
On Thanksgiving day, the boys started a puzzle we had. We all worked on the puzzle during a 4 day period. The puzzle was finally finished on Sunday evening.




No comments: