Tuesday, November 23, 2010

In which she rambles

It seems like all the boys are getting invited to party after party. Tee has had 2 invitations within the last few weeks. One of them was this past weekend. He had a great time at this gymnastics place. I am thinking of having his party there. They do it all. I may just book it so that it is taken care of. I ended up declining an invite for Jay. He isn't friends with the boys and I just had to draw the line. Lots of present purchasing.

The husband is on vacation this week. It has been nice having him home. He gets to work on house projects. He installed a new closet organizer in Tee's room on Sunday. This would be the 3rd one he has done. Last year he put in nice organizers in the other boys' rooms. The closets just had a shelf above the bar to hang clothes, just not practical for our needs. There is still more to do.

We had conferences with the boys' teachers yesterday. The boys did great on their report cards. We are very proud of them. The teachers had such wonderful things to say about our boys. I have to admit it is great hearing such nice comments from others who have interactions with your children.

The school would like to test Jay for the gifted and talented program early next year. I haven't researched it in great detail but I believe he will do 2 years of math in 1 year. He currently is doing 4th grade math.

E is on grade level, which is where he is supposed to be, in both math and language arts. He is actually above grade level in spelling. He needs to work on a few areas and he could be classified as above grade level.

E has a great love of reading. I purchased a few books for him at the school book fair, ok more than just a few....it was 6 split between both boys. E has read all 6 between yesterday afternoon and tonight. It is crazy. I guess we will need to hit the library tomorrow or I think I may end up with more books than Scholastics.

A funny thing happened this week. I volunteered at the school book fair on Monday so the husband was responsible for getting Tee from preschool. As soon as he left the classroom, the teacher called me to make sure it was ok that Dad picked him up. In all fairness, he typically stays for lunch. She needed to check with me because she didn't know what to do. But even funnier was that he had already left with Tee. Even though E and Jay do not have school tomorrow Tee still does. I will make sure that she knows Dad will be there once again to pick him up.

Tee's preschool did a thankful tree. The children were asked what they were thankful for and it was put on a hand. I finally found Tee's hand. He is thankful for the pool. Yep....we have lots to help him understand.

No comments: