Sunday, November 14, 2010

A funeral, a date and some other stuff

What to start with. Well, I guess I will start with the other stuff. Saturday evening we decided to have takeout from a well know chain. We got the kids meals set up first. I ordered a salad as did my husband. I opened my salad and saw a bug crawling on the lid of my dressing. My husband got rid of the bug as I sit there wondering what to do. He sits down and opens his salad. What does he find? A hair in his salad. Definitely not our night and no we did not pay for any of our meal.

We had to make up for our bad meal on Saturday so the husband and I had a date night on Sunday. We had a fabulous meal at PF Changs. We had not been there in a very long time. It is nice to be able to go out and not have to get a child's menu.

We get home and gave E a hard time for leaving his bedroom light on. He has a very bad habit of leaving lights on. The penalty, sentence writing. I have gotten very tired of repeating myself, so instead I give sentences to write. The bathroom light was on also and we decided it was Tee that left it on. So I told Tee that he was getting 10 sentences. He looks at me and says "Mom do I look like I am 8". You just never know what is going to come out of his mouth.

I guess I end with a sad story. My neighbor's father passed away on Friday. He had gotten a kidney transplant last year and seemed to do well for a while until he was diagnosed with cancer. The last few weeks have been really difficult for him. My neighbors are Indian. My friend and I next door decided to attend the funeral. We thought we would make an appearance. That is not how things are done.

As we entered the funeral home we stood in a line that we found out was to sign the guest book. As we approached the entrance we noticed that there were so many people there. We ended up tucking ourselves into a corner on the other side and had to stand. And there we stood for one and a half hours. The first part was ceremonious. Then our neighbor and his sister gave a eulogy. Then there were about 7 or 8 others who went up to speak about him. Interesting that the family of the person giving the eulogy stood up at the podium also.

Once the eulogy was done it was time to pay your respect to the dead by placing a rose bud in the casket and then walking around the casket. We decided we were going to make our way out of there and pay our respects to the family. Definitely an interesting experience.

No comments: