Monday, February 23, 2009

My toddler

My baby is growing up. He is talking so much and saying pretty much anything you say. He is also stringing two words together and they actually mean something. It seems amazing that he has grown up so quickly. His favorite word is now "what" which he says to everything. And when you ask him a yes/no question the answer it typically "no". He can also say his name although you would probably have a hard time figuring out what he is saying. It is a hard name to say.

He is not wanting to nap much anymore. In the last week he has probably only slept at nap time once. This makes for a very tired Mom. It works out well if I can get him into bed early but some days that is just not possible.

I do think it is important for him to have downtime. I put him in his room for at least 1 hour a day. I heard him up in his room talking today like I do on most days. Then all of the sudden it became very quiet. I started to think that he may have fallen asleep. But no such luck. A little while later I hear him talking again. I knew something didn't seem right so I went upstairs to see what was going on. I find him in his crib NAKED with his pillow, blankets and clothes thrown on the floor. He was a happy little fellow running around in his crib. When I looked at him and asked him what he was doing his response to me was "what". It took all I had to not break down laughing. It is a good thing he is such a cutie.

No comments: