Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The birthday party

The boys' birthday party was held this weekend. My husband had to miss the party because of the sick baby. He was a little disappointed as he has not missed one of their parties. I was disappointed because I knew I was going to need help taming the wild crew.

The party was held at a Laser Tag place. The boys love this place.

Suited up and ready to go.



The cakes. The boys always have their own cake for their birthday. I insist on it every year. EE's was a basketball themed cake and Jay's was a football themed cake.
The party was a bit hectic for me. There were 17 kids (only 2 girls) who attended(including the birthday boys). Luckily, I took one of the Mom's up on her offer to stay and help. Another Mom stayed because her daughter was not ready to let her go.
The kids had two adventures that are broked up by eating lunch and then having cake. The adventures last about 15 minutes but you have to pad in time for getting into gear and listening to instructions.
After the first adventure everyone came into the party room for pizza. One of the little boys found a screw in his pizza. It had cheese baked around it. I showed it to the Laser Tag manager who immediately called the pizza company. The manager at the pizza company said there was no way a screw could fall into a pizza. The LT manager did not like that response and immediately called their corporate offices and they too denied such thing could happen. The proof was right in front of us. The LT manager was going to take a picture and send on to them. I think the entire situation from the screw being in the pizza to the company not believing us is unreal. Needless to say I did not pay for the pizzas.

After the party the boys came home and opened their presents. My boys' never open their gifts at the party. It would be way too hectic with all of the kids around and both of them trying to open gift while I write down what they got and from who.
I think the boys had a great time.

No comments: