Thursday, July 29, 2010

To be practical or not

As I mentioned previously, my car is getting older and has needed a lot of work. We are torn because we have dumped so much money into it lately. We wonder, should keep it a while or unload it as fast as we can. It has a fairly decent trade in value for a 9 year old car.

I love my car and am finding it hard to part with it. It is just the right size for our family. But I feel it is probably time to get a new vehicle.

I test drove a new Sequoia the other night. It is really large, so much more than my 9 year old one. It was a nice drive but the thought of having to park it leaves me a little uneasy. It is a good amount over what we would like to spend for a vehicle.

We have also talked about a Sienna. Yes, I said it a mini-van. Something I swore I would never drive. It has automatic doors. Second row has 2 captain chairs, which means less arguing of children who are now forced to sit right next to each other. It even comes with a dual DVD player and GPS. It is large enough for the luggage we take on our excursions. It is definitely more affordable than the above.

What to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about a Honda Odyssey !! I love mine. Nothing wrong with driving a van :) Ahlem