Friday, July 2, 2010

Road Trip

What a whirlwind of a trip. Our first stop was in South Carolina to visit my friend with the triplet girls. If you remember the boys and girls were best of friends when we lived in NC.


Me and Nic!

We spent a lot of time at the pool!
My friend got a sitter for the kids so we could go out. We got to see a little bit of downtown Greenville. I knew I was in the south with Shrimp and Grits on the menu. It was soo delicious.
After a few first awkward moments, the kids played so well together. It was like they had not missed a day apart. We had a great time visiting with them. We miss them a lot.
After two days in SC, we headed to NC. We stopped by south Charlotte to visit some of our good friends. My husband went to college with the husband and I became friends with his wife. A very nice family. We spent several years going to the mountains of NC with them. We miss our trips.
While we visited, my husband went to lunch with some ex-coworkers.
Me and Eli.

We would try to get the kids together as much as possible but we lived on separate parts of town. It is a good 40 plus minutes. The kids played so nicely together.
Once we left Eli's house we made our way back to our old neighborhood. We drove around a little. We saw our first house and our second house. I was afraid I was not going to be able to see my friend Amy. Our original plan was to be in NC for 2 days, but work got in the way and we had to come back a day early.
I really didn't want to be so close and not see her so we dropped by unexpected. We only visited an hour but I was so happy to be able to have that time together.
Me and Amy!
Grace and Tee. Amy and I were pregnant the same time and our due dates were a few months apart. I think Tee fell in love with that sweet Grace.
The boys played so nicely together. We so wish we had more time.
A trip back to the old town would not have been complete without a trip to our favorite pizza place.
Patiently waiting for our pizza.

I definitely missed Bruster's. We stopped in for ice cream before we collapsed in our hotel.
It was a fun and quick trip.

No comments: