Saturday, May 8, 2010

One more grading period left......

And so we come to the end of another busy week. I am hoping for a quieter week next week. Although I have commitments that I will have to work on.

The last 4 or so days have gone better for Tee in regards to sleeping. He woke up a few nights crying for me but I was able to console him quickly and he went back to sleep. I dusted off a book that I have had since the twins were young. It is called Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by M. Weissbluth. I love the book and think it provides a lot of great information. I determined that what Tee is going through a normal stage for this age. That is right it is just a stage which means he will outgrow it. Hopefully, that will happen soon.

The boys got report cards this week. It is very hard to believe they still have 1 more grading period left. I have heard many people say that teachers are having a hard time with the rowdy kids. It is going to be a long month plus some.

Report cards were good for the most part. E improved his score in writing legibly and working with precision and remained the same in everything else. Although I was shocked to read that he did not pass the Reading Level M benchmark. It just so happens this has to be passed before year end or he will be considered below grade level going into third grade. He has been working ahead of the time line all year and to have this happen is a bit of a surprise. So we will start having him read and drill him with questions. He loves to read but he has to be able to retell the story, comprehend and make inferences. Jay's stayed the same on most except for Math. It appears his effort is lacking. I am waiting for a response from the teacher regarding what is going on.

Tee also received a report from school. He is "as expected" on all of the objectives. It is amazing how much he has grown from the beginning of the year. He has gone from wanting to play on his own to playing with others. He also is participating a little more in class. Of course, here we are at the end of the year and it will probably start out the same next year.

I am looking forward to Mother's day tomorrow. It is nice to have one day that is just for you. I try to do as little as possible on Mother's day and that mainly means NO COOKING. I am looking forward to another baseball game at 2 tomorrow. The weather is going to be cooler.

No comments: