Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It is looking better

The day didn’t start out in a great way. I was still very tired this morning. Jay had been up in the night with a stomach ache. This has happened a few times. He was up for a long time because he came back in our room an hour later.

Tee is an early riser. He came into my room before six. I was so tired that I don’t remember looking at the clock. But I woke up a little after six and was told that Jay had to wipe Tee’s behind because he had gone to the bathroom and I didn’t hear him calling for me. What a nice big brother!

As I drove Tee to preschool this morning, a car almost backed into me. I was stopped at a light and she started to back up. I saw her out of the corner of my eye but I thought she was backing out the other way. When I realized she was coming straight for my car I laid on my horn as fast as I could. Crash avoided.

After drop off, I headed to the boys’ school. I was chaperoning Jay’s class on a walk to an old school house that is located next to the school. I believe she asked because Jay told her I was upset that I did not get selected for the last field trip. Love how he repeats what I say.

It was just like on Little House on the Prairie. The kids got to practice writing with quill pens (this was my station and it was not easy and certainly very messy) and on slate boards. In the olden days, the children had to kneel on rice as punishment. There are many more ways the kids were punished back then that I am sure are illegal these days. But the kids were able to see what it felt like. They also played an old fashioned game outside. It was a fun time with the kids.

Then back to pick up Tee from his last day of preschool. He had a great first year of preschool. I really do hope his teachers next year are as wonderful as they were this year. He learned more than I thought he would and he had such a fun time. Thursday is an end of the year picnic.

So even though the day started out a little rough it is looking better. Now if the boys could only win their baseball game tonight. That would certainly make it a great day!

No comments: