Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Finally a post

I guess the trend is to stay busy. I am ok with that but I do miss my computer time. This past weekend was beautiful weather. Good thing because we had 12 yards of mulch to move from our driveway to our beds. It is hard work but we only do it once a year and I guess it is good exercise.

I have been working on a project for the school PTA that has really frustrated me. I had to wait for information and I am not good at waiting. I am working with a company that will provide parents the opportunity to purchase all school supplies for the next school year. You order the “box” for your grade and it will be waiting for you on the meet the teacher day. Sounds like it should be an easy job but I have a lot of coordinating to do. I am hoping by the end of the week I can get it completed. It may be wishful thinking but it is my goal.

Sunday evening the husband and I finally had a date night. We definitely don’t do it often enough. We went to one of our favorite restaurants for a good steak. It was yummy.

It seems like the trend has been nice weekends and then it rains. It rained all Monday and Tuesday morning. But even with all of the rain, the boys still had baseball practice last night. Thank goodness the husband was able to make practice.

Speaking of the husband, he took Tuesday off to play in an afternoon golf tournament. He took care of getting the boys off to school and I went to the gym (missed all morning activities) and then came home and cleaned the house before having to go pick up Tee from preschool. It was nice to have a morning off. It is hard for me to not be so controlling. I do have to tell myself that the way my husband does things may be different from the way I do them and that is ok. I know…I am working on it.

Today I had a going away lunch for my friend that is leaving at the end of the month. I am very sad she is leaving but I know she is looking forward to going back to Seattle.
Erin is the second from the left. Believe it or not her daughter took this picture of us.
We gave up on getting good picture of the kids. So this is a picture of the kids being kids.
We had a really nice lunch and now my house is a little disastrous.

No comments: