Saturday, May 1, 2010

And so the week ends.....

It has been a very busy hectic week for me. I am not sure that I have had a moment to relax at all this week. I am extremely tired and looking forward to a little relaxation tonight.

Last weekend I put seeds in my garden. I am going to try to grow green beans, zucchini and cucumbers. I ended up getting an earth box to grow a strawberry bush. I may eventually move the bush, if it grows, somewhere in my yard. I was told I had to have 2 berry plants for cross pollination. I am hoping my garden does as well as it did last year. I may have a big problem though. My husband saw rascally rabbits eying my garden. I am thinking I may need a fence around the bed. Hint! Hint!

It has been 7 straight nights in a row that I have had to battle the evil bus that keeps entering my house in the middle of the night for Tee. Come on already….go visit someone else. I am tired. Last night was the first night that he did not wake up however I woke up at 4 am probably out of habit.

Speaking of Tee, he had a really bad day this past week. He peed on my office chair 2 times in one day. Yuck!

The older boys are now practicing 2 days during the week and have 2 games (one weeknight and one on Sunday) a week. It is hard having the boys go to sleep late on so many school nights. They get tired and cranky. A tired and cranky boy mixed with a tired and cranky Mom is not good, believe me on this one.

Tee and I were excited to take in Lemonade and Hot chocolate to E’s class this past week. We offered to help the teacher out and she was so thankful for our help. Doesn’t sound like a good combo to me but the kids loved it. They were extremely hyped up on sugar. Next time, I may try to find a reduced sugar drink. I made 12 cups of each drink and it was basically all gone by 17 kids. Yikes.

The person who bought our old house in NC is friends with my on FB. I am not sure why I accepted but I did. She emailed me a few days ago to ask me a question about the playset in the back yard. I really have not had a chance to respond to her. I have barely had a chance to be on my computer period. This is her 3rd or 4th question to me about the house. I take it that was the reason she probably befriended me in the first place. As I was walking out the door on Friday, I just happened to check my phone and had a voicemail and 2 text messages from a friend of mine who lives down the street from the current home owner. The home owner asked my friend for my phone number because she needed an answer right away. Thank you friend for not giving her my number and I am sorry I have not called you back. I checked it while I was dropping the kids off at baseball then had to run to the grocery store and then had to get pizza. Pizza for some very hungry guys, read on.

My husband had 4 of his college buddies come in town this weekend. They all stayed at our house last night. Yes, that means I had to clean the house and get the beds/sheets ready. Tonight they are going to a baseball game and staying downtown for the evening.

I tried to get breakfast items ready the night before because this morning was garage sale day. I made blueberry soda bread that I did not cook long enough and the middle was all doughy. I got together an egg and sausage frittata but it didn’t cook that well this morning. I was going to make biscuits in the morning but realized I didn’t have self rising flour and didn’t want to go on the internet to find out how to make my own. What a disaster.

But at least my garage sale went well. I got rid of a lot of stuff and made $100 while I was at it. My husband thought I sold things to inexpensively but it is out of the house which was my goal. My friend who is moving to Seattle sold some of her stuff also. It was fun!

And tonight I get to vegetate and watch whatever I want. And if you are still reading this post, God bless you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would NEVER have given that 411 girl! I'm just sorry I bothered you with it!!