Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Break 2012

It is spring break week!  It is nice to have a little break.  Although Tee has preschool through Thursday, it is nice to have a break in the morning routine.  Tee is taking a break from his lunch bunch this week.  So no rush to get lunches made in the morning.  I am taking this opportunity to do a little spring cleaning.  This house definitely needs it. 

I started with my closet this morning.  I was able to get rid of a bag full of clothes.  I am still not done.  I have the need to do a big clean out.  I spent some time this weekend cleaning out the pantry.  It is amazing how I think I may have just purchased something but it has an expiration of 2009.  Yuk!

The last two weekends, the boys have played in baseball tournaments.  The first tournament went ok.  They tied their first game, won the second and lost the third.   This past weekend the boys played so well.  They made it to the championship game.  I know I won't get the specifics right, but the team was just about to be "mercied" out of the game, but they managed to score 8 runs in one inning.  But in the end they weren't able to pull it off.  They lost 14-10.  It was a lot of baseball this weekend.  Unfortunately, I only made it to the last game.  The tournament was about 1 hour from home.  I think the boys are a bit exhausted.

*********************************************************************************
I sometimes feel that Tee gets the shaft because of our busy schedule.  When the twins were young, we went to an Easter party hosted by the Multiples Club I was in.  It was such a fun time for them.  It was lunch, pictures with the Easter bunny (always a good bunny) and an egg hunt.  They loved it.  How many times has Tee been to an egg hunt?  I am embarrassed to really even put this in writing.  I decided I was going to take him to the hunt at our church.  I am so glad I did.  He has the best time.  He told me that night that the Easter egg hunt was so much fun.  I really do need to make sure I find time to do these little things with Tee. 

Well, I am hoping to be able to re-group this week.  I feel a bit out of control as my house is unorganized.  Then back to focusing on the auction. 

I am sure we will have a few fun excursions this week....not sure what yet.

No comments: