Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Is it really February?

We have had such a mild winter so far.  As I was walking the dog today, I had to take my jacket off.  It felt like a spring day.  I had to come home and check the calendar to make sure we are in February and winter is not over yet.

I have to admit I am a little miffed that we have not had a good snow.  One where the kids could play, make a snowman and even go sledding.  I am hoping for one good snow and then off to spring.  Nothing but a little rain and mild temperatures for the next week.

We had a great weekend.  The Mother in law came in for a visit.  She was able to experience our chaotic days.  The boys had a great time visiting with her.  She was able to see them play basketball and practice baseball.  The visits always seem to go by so quickly. 

I was so touched on Monday, after school E says I wish Grandma was still here.  It does suck to live so far away from family. 

Well, I finally took my test and passed.  So I am officially food safety certified for the next 5 years.  How exciting.

Report cards were issued on Monday.  I am so incredibly proud of them, they both came home with straight A's.  Wow.  I was not expecting that.

I also had a conference with Tee's preschool teacher.  I just came out of the conference thinking it was a waste of time.  I know what he knows.  He knows all his letters but may get confused on a few.  He knows all his sounds.  He can count to 100.  But really that just doesn't mean that much to me.  I want him to have fun because after this it will be non-stop learning for the next 13 years.  I am not sure what I expected.  Maybe I wanted her to tell me that it was such a pleasure to have Tee in class.  Instead I got that he needs to be reminded to keep his hands to himself or doesn't share toys.....and it just goes on.  I feel like the other boys' preschool experience was so different.  I feel like Tee has missed out on something good.

This week has been non-stop so far and will just continue on through the weekend.  We have birthdays to celebrate and a scouting event. 

No comments: