Sunday, July 17, 2011

Randomness

The husband got tickets to the O’s baseball game today so he took the boys and I get some time alone. The boys were excited. They get to sit behind home plate.


The boys finished vacation bible school on Friday. They had a nice time but I noticed it didn’t seem as great as it was last year. There was a different leader this year and I think it made a big difference.

Our afternoons are typically spent outside in the pool. It is effective in wearing the kids out. We have had lots of friends over too.

Tee has such an imagination. He is constantly telling me stories and they don’t make much sense. For example, what if our house filled with water. Yes, crazy situations. Yesterday we were outside and Tee got stung by a wasp in his head of all places. He eventually calmed down. Later on, he said Mom, I hit the fence by accident and a daddy or mommy wasp came out and saw that I did it and stung me. It is funny how his mind works.

We have decided to have the boys tutored this summer. She comes one time a week and works with them individually. I don’t know specifics but I do know that during the summer kids lose so much of what they learned in school. It has worked out really well. The tutor is a teacher and she has worked on both fluency and math facts.

The boys and I went to see the Cars2 movie one rainy Friday afternoon. They enjoyed it!

E is an avid reader. He started reading this series called Warriors. The books are 300 pages (small print) plus. There are several series and he was read through the first 3, each series had 6 books.

My garden has done really well this year. I have a bunch of zucchini and cucumbers. I have made a batch of zucchini bread and plan to make many more. Green beans have also come in well. I do enjoy having the extra vegetables during the summer.

Next week, the older boys have golf camp. It is just a few hours for 3 days. They did this same camp last year and had fun. Tee is done for camps for the summer.

No comments: