Wednesday, July 6, 2011

How to get things done.

In April, we decided to make a change.  I don't particularly like change.  I like to keep things the same for the most part.  But my husband finally convinced me that we needed to switch cable companies. 

The cable company decided to change to digital and every TV needed a box.  We figured it out after the fact.  Yes, we had received a letter but it didn't make much sense to us as our TVs are digital.  So we get all the boxes and put them on our TVs.  We had trouble with the one in our bedroom.  We, my husband, made several phone calls that made him incredibly frustrated.  As a side note, I am usually the one who handles these types of phone calls, but he took this one on.

He was transferred to an area that was closed on one particular day, on one call the rep was yawning on the phone and no one really offered much help.  We wanted someone to come fix the the problem, but there was a question on whether we would be charged.  After many calls, my husband finally escalated it to a manager who said it would not be a problem to get someone out the next week.

After thinking about it for a few hours, we he, decided that it was to move to fios.  In addition to this situation, we had problems with our phone.  During conversation, people would say that I was coming in and out. 

Our transition was great.  As soon as fios was installed, we returned and disconnected the other cable company. 

I ended up receiving an invoice in May with a credit balance.  I thought that I would be receiving a check.  I wasn't shocked when I received an invoice again the next month with a small credit balance.  I decided to make a phone call.

I spent the next 2 plus hours on the phone.  The first time I called, I was transferred and on hold for over 30 minutes.  I called back and although the rep was very nice and held with me for the next 30 plus minutes he ended up disconnecting me.  During the conversation, he told me I had to be taken care of by this other area.  It appeared they must have been having problem with the phones.  Yes, they are a cable, Internet and phone company.  My third call back is when I decided that I would no longer be nice.  I immediately asked for a manager.  I went over the situation and explained that I was done with the company.  It needed to be handled, I was not going to be transferred and did not need to speak with anyone else.

The next week I did end up getting 3 phone calls from corporate.  Why do they need to talk to me?  I returned my equipment and canceled my service.  They had a total fail of closing out the account. 

Well, just yesterday I ended up getting an invoice for an amount due.  I was beyond angry.  They are charging me for Internet and Cable that I have not had.  I decided that I was going to send a letter to corporate outlining the situation.

I did a little research trying to find an email address to corporate.  I found this website that an executive carpet bomb.  Not sure why it is called this.  But people determine format of the email (@whatever) then take the executive and make a list of all emails.  

Oh yes I did.  I wrote a letter and thought about it a little and re-wrote some of it.  I copied every single email address and hit send.  Out of the 100 emails, I had less than 30 not deliverable. 

Today I had a message on my machine from corp (maybe the same person who called me several weeks ago).  She stated that she had closed my account and is expediting the shut off outside our house.  I have a credit balance of $138 that will be sent to me once the shut off is completed.

It makes me sad but that is how you get it done.

No comments: