Friday, June 24, 2011

I grew up in a pretty strict household.  I remember my Mom sitting us kids down and making us listen to a tape of someone speaking about how rock music was devil music.  If you played the lyrics backwards there were satanic messages.  I was always a top 40 music listener, rock was not my thing but I am not sure if my Mom understood that.  So I sat in the room not listening much.  You did get that it was on a tape recorder.

Concerts were always out of the question.  My first concert was in college with one of my good guy friends.  I was into more alternative music in college.  We went to see The Cure.  It was a good concert but lots of freakishly dressed people.  It was in a coliseum so pretty mellow.

My next concert date was my husband, boyfriend at the time.  We went to Pearl Jam.  I like their music but I so much enjoyed people watching.  I wondered what the strange smell was that took over our space.  Yes, I did not hang out with people who smoked pot so I did not know the smell.  I also remember a guy in front of our space who was selling shirts or something.  He took his pants down and stuck money in his special underwear.  Interesting to say the least.

Luckily, my next concert was very mellow.  I loved the Lilith Fair.  Lots of great female singers.  Would love to see it again sometime.

That is the extent of my concert going until the other nights.  My husband mentioned that he entered his name in a drawing at work to win 2 tickets to the suite.  You had to answer all the questions correctly.  I got a text the next day stating he had won 2 tickets to U2.  He is very lucky, maybe he should start playing the lottery.

There was a lot of juggling taking place on Wednesday.  I had a friend who asked if I could watch her child because they were going to the concert as well.  I had a teenager sit with the kids for a while until my niece got off work.  

I was able to catch a ride with some friends fairly early.  We went to a dinner at a nice restaurant before catching a cab to the stadium. 

As soon as we got to the stadium, the others told us we missed Bono by 15 minutes.  He was having dinner in the suite right next to ours.  Many of them got pictures of  him leaving the suite.  How cool would that have been. 

The stage was amazing.  It was a great concert.  We had a great time.

After the concert we walked all the way back to my husband's parking space.  It was a 45 minute walk.  Drenched in sweat we were.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cool :) !
Ahlem