Thursday, August 19, 2010

My calendar must be wrong

It is hard to believe that in a week from Monday the boys will be back to school and we will be getting back to a routine. I am not sure where the summer went. I had grand plans to get some organizing accomplished. Boy....did I fail miserably.

We have had a lot going on this summer. It has been a really nice summer and we have all kept busy.

Our garden this year gave us a nice supply of cucumbers and zucchini. The green beans did ok in the beginning but then failed me. I think they were not getting enough water and the zucchini plant was so large that it blocked the sun. I will remember this for next year. I also grew a strawberry bush in an Earth box. It did well and even produced a few strawberries. The Earth box had to be moved off the deck and I think some bunnies have feasted on them. I would like to plant in my garden but I need to figure out how to protect them first. We have planted pumpkin seeds and hope to have a few good pumpkins for the fall.

We have had some work done in our house this summer. Every year we try to take on a project or two. Our plan is to keep our house updated and also design it our way. Of course, there are things we can't change but we are doing what we can. We had granite counter tops installed. We also took out a desk in the kitchen and added a cabinet for additional pantry space. The contractor is now working on installing our trex deck. Our deck was really showing it age. Our choice was to smooth and re-stain or put in something that requires little to no maintenance. We chose the latter.

Well, I guess we are not practical after all. We decided to get another Sequoia. The husband went to the dealership this past Saturday to negotiate. He feels like he got a good deal on the car (it is a 2010 which they are trying to clear off the lot). The car feels so much bigger to me but I have noticed that it is a little easier to manage because it turns so easily. I still miss my old car just a little.

So much to do so little time.......off to do something productive while I have a few minutes.

No comments: