Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I would like to be done with 3 please

I said please.

When E and Jay were young I was prepared for the 2's. I went out a bought a book called "Making the Terrible Two's Terrific" by John Rosemond. I took the advice the book gave me and kept it around as my guide. The two's came and went and I thought I had survived. It is hard enough having to deal with one child at that stage so two is so much more work. Ya, I thought I was supermom with really great kids.

I was not prepared when one day they were 3 and they were awful. Much of my time was spent punishing them for one thing or another. I do have to admit that there were times when only one was misbehaving but I never knew which one it would be on any particular day. Funny that I don't really recall details of that year any more just bits and pieces. I guess if your mind didn't let go of some stuff then people would stop reproducing.

I do remember as they approached their 4th birthday how different they behaved. They were much easier to reason with and suddenly all became good in our house once again. Of course, we all had our days but for the most part ok.

So here I am again with one 3 year old who is just being well I guess 3 years old. He is such a darling at times. And I love it when he comes up, crawls in my lap and tells me that he loves me. It melts my heart. He is a Momma's boy for sure.

3 started off ok but has progressively gotten worse. It is the whining and screaming that really can be bothersome. If you look at him in the wrong manner he will cry. We have tried to be patient with him. He is also starting to listen to us when teaching him about asking nicely when you want something instead of crying. It is slowly starting to sink in but there always has to be crying involved first.

I noticed when we got home from our vacation that Tee was especially clingy. No doubt had something to do with the week he spent sleeping in the same bed as me. He was also even more whiny than before.

Now he is peeing in his pants. He waits until the last minute and then decides he won't go to the bathroom without me. He calls my name (the reason was unknown to me) and run around in circles. So he would just stand where ever he was and pee. He has peed on the stairs once and peed on the floor in or around the bathroom several times. Yesterday, when we were outside he came and sat on my lap and then proceeded to pee. Luckily, I figured out what he was doing before it was all over me.

He has been working towards getting a sweet treat after dinner. We have been at this since Sunday.

I had asked Tee if he needed to use the bathroom prior to me going to get in the shower today. I left him downstairs to watch his show before his nap. I called for him at 1:30 and he did not answer. So just as I was headed downstairs he is standing there with his shirt drenched with nothing on below. I asked if he peed on the floor and got a positive response. This time he locked and shut the bathroom door. Ya, like I wouldn't be able to figure this one out. The shirt alone gave it away.

I am tired of cleaning up pee. What could be causing this sudden accident streak?

My guess is that this is the only way he can express his stress. What stress could he have at such a young age? Seriously, he has it made. I guess it might be the fact that he is going to start preschool in a few weeks. He has told me that he doesn't want to go to school. But we have talked about where he is going, our church and the teachers. Every time he mentions his teachers from last year I have to tell them he will have different teachers.

I am hoping that 4 comes quickly. And Mr. Rosemond I think you need to write another book regarding the 3's.

No comments: