Sunday, August 15, 2010

Home at last

Exhausted! We made it home safely from our vacation. I still have not recovered but hope to get back to our routine tomorrow.

The rest of the beach trip was so nice and relaxing. I think we all finally mellowed out towards the end and were able to enjoy our last few days.

We spent a lot of time on the beach. E is truly a beach lover like his Mom. He wanted to stay when it was time to go. It was VERY hot and humid during our stay. The weather held out for us though. We got in as much as we could during our last few days. We biked, played miniature golf and went on a hike. The hike was mainly to find the GO Cache located in HHI for a friend. I have never heard of it but it is like a scavenger hunt.

We made our trip down to Jacksonville on Saturday. We spent a lot of time with family, which the boys loved. We were only able to visit with my brother's family (they have two young boys) for a short time. E and Jay loved playing with their cousins. They were sad when they had to leave. They would like to see them again soon.

My sisters and I took our kids (theirs are grown up) to the water park. E and Jay each had a buddy for the day. E had a blast going down the slides. He even did the half pipe. I couldn't watch, I was scared for him. He liked it but did not want to do it again. I had to literally pull him off the slides so that we could leave. Jay had a good time but didn't seem to enjoy the slides as much. And Tee had a great time playing in the water. He also went down a big slide with no raft. He had a look of terror on his face as he came out. He said he liked it but didn't want to do it again.

My nephew, C., was my saving grace. He bowled with us one day and went to the beach with us the next. He stayed in the water and helped the boys boogie board. The waves were really choppy and the current was so strong. Tee and I played at the water's edge.

We had a really nice time visiting with my parents.

I had a hard time sleeping during my stay. Tee slept with me and he is a non-stop mover. It would take him sometimes until 4 am to stop moving so much. He kept turning towards the end of the bed that I thought he was going to fall off. No carpet in my parent's house just a hard floor. The bed was so uncomfortable. It is good to sleep in my own bed once again.

By Wednesday the boys were ready to be home. Two weeks was a long time for them. We started our trip home on Thursday when I picked up my husband from the airport. We drove to his Dad's house in South Carolina where we stayed the night. The boys went fishing with no luck.

Friday morning we started our 8 1/2 hour drive home. It wasn't too bad and the boys did really well.

I have pictures that I have not downloaded yet. I hope to work on those soon.

No comments: