Monday, February 18, 2013

A snow fun day

We had a long weekend.  The boys had half days at school last Wednesday and Thursday and were off Friday.  And they were off today also of course.

Friday, I took the boys along with a few friends to the movies.  We saw Escape from Planet Earth.  It was a cute movie.

With the long weekend, we had hoped to be able to take them away for a skiing weekend, but that ended up not working out.  We felt that we should do something fun that involves the cold and snow.  We decided to take them tubing.  We had never been before and we haven't had enough snow at home to sled down the hills in our neighborhood.

It was a short drive away and we got there fairly early. 

Hot chocolate break!
 
The thrill seekers.


The non-thrill seekers by the fire.

The husband, Tee and I went down together the first time.  I didn't like the big drop at the beginning.  Tee loved it.  Jay and E went down together.  Jay did not like it much.  He said that he felt like he was going to throw up and he couldn't breathe.  I just didn't like it. 

So Dad, E and Tee spent the morning tubing down the hills.  They had such a fun time.  I wished I had brought my good camera.  Dad ended up videoing the last ride down but I can't load easily onto this page.  It was funny watching them. 


No comments: