Tuesday, August 23, 2011

We interrupt this show.......

We had an earthquake today.  I have only been in Md for almost 4 years and we have had 2 earthquakes.  It is 2 too many for me.
The first one was a long while ago, it was early in the morning like 5:30, mild and quick.  It basically was over before we figured out it was an earthquake.  The kids were asleep and didn't feel a thing.

Today, E had an orthodontist appointment (this was before all the boys' dental appointment which is all in the same place).  E is sitting in the chair.  We feel a little tremble and the hygenist looked at me and asked me if I felt the movement.  Then we looked at each other and said that was an earthquake.  We all went outside.  The kids were really shaken up.  E said his knees were shaking. 

We waited outside for a little while and then went back inside to carry on with our appointments.

The husband works in Baltimore and definitely felt it in his building.  They all evacuated.  Very scary.

When I got home the boys came into the house first.  They came running to the door and told me we had some things fall.  I had a mirror just sitting on the mantle above the fireplace.  It slid off, hit the floor and shattered.  I cleaned up all the glass and have vacuumed.  Glass was everywhere.  Every once in a while I look and see a glimmer on the floor. 

I am glad that is over.  Now if we can just get a miss this weekend of the winds and rain we could get.

No comments: