Monday, August 27, 2012

The first day of the 2012 school year

I think the last few weeks we have been experiencing the funk before school starts.  This happens at the end of the year also, not sure if I know which is worse.  There has been a lot of bickering and a lot of anxiousness. 

So today was the first day of school.  Tee saw the weather forecast and heard it was going to rain today, by the way it never ended up raining.  He asked me if he should stay home from school today because of the rain.  I wanted to say, yes that make perfect sense but obviously that would not happen. 

The boys got ready in the morning and I was able to snatch a few pics.

5th grade and Kindergarten

A little hesitant but got on fine.
I did end up finding someone to sit on the bus with him.  He has to sit in the front of the bus and his big brothers get to sit in the back.

After seeing the kids off to school, I went to breakfast with some friends.

I did go to the school to help out with the Kindergarten lunch.  Tee was so happy to see me.  It was a little funny to see all of the kids.  Some still a little nervous.  It was a lot of work, opening lunch items and managing bathroom visits.

So my friends decided that we needed to make a little gift for the kids when they got home from school.

So we made little fruit baskets.


I wanted to catch his coming home reaction.

Not really sure where to go.

And sure enough he was as happy to see me as I was him.  I got a big hug!
He had a really good day, but it was a long day.  I could tell from the behaviors of the boys this evening.  They were all very grateful that I made them the fruit basket.  They loved it. 

Before bed, Tee asked if he had to go to school tomorrow.  He was a little disappointed but I am sure he will be fine.  He wants me to go to help out at lunch again....you know like every day.

No comments: