Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summer

It is July already.  June seemed to drag a bit but that may have been due to baseball season extending to the end of the month. 

The boys had their end of season tournament.  The team played so well.  They ended up winning the tournament.  Out of the 6 games they played, they won all but one. 

Happy boys with Coach Dad!
I have not enrolled the boys in many camps this summer.  I did put them in a track and field camp.  I wasn't sure how they would like it.  They did it with a couple of friends.  They had such a good time.  The camp is held one week by a local small church.   

All week the boys did different activities leading up to the meet on Friday evening.  All of the running races would be held Friday evening.  In order to get all events in they have 2 kids qualify for each of the other events.  E and Jay wanted to do the Discus and long jump.  E qualified to compete in both events. 

E threw it beyond where the tape measure ended.  He got first place.


E was struggling a bit with this one, he ended up taking 2nd place.
 The boys decided to participate in the 100, 200 and 400 meter runs.  The 100 meter was first.  They placed second and third.


2nd place

3rd place
The event also did a fun run for the younger siblings.  I had Tee do the run.  He was pretty excited about it. 

Loved his ribbon.
 I took this photo and was texting it to Dad.  Dad was in SC with his Dad who had surgery earlier in the morning.  He was bummed he didn't make the meet.  So as I was texting I motioned to Tee to come around the fence.  I looked up thinking I would see Tee right next to me or walking towards me.  I didn't see him anywhere.  I couldn't imagine where he had gone.  I started to panic a little bit.  I then looked around and noticed he was running around the entire track.  Then my laughing started.  He thought my motioning was to tell him to go around the track not to come to me. 

Unfortunately, the meet was stopped early because of lightning in the area.  We were bummed!  This camp will be on the top of my list for next summer.  All the boys will be able to participate. 

When I am able, I take the boys to Speed and Agility training.  It is a really good work out for them. 

Tee took swimming lessons.  He really improved from the first lesson. 

In our free time, we have been working on a puzzle.  We are at the point where we only get puzzles that have 1,000 pieces.  We have had a puzzle sitting around a while but we finally got to working on it.  It was a hard puzzle.  But we managed to get it all done.  The big bummer was that when we got to the end we realized we were missing a piece.



It has been so hot here lately.  We have been spending a lot of time in the pool.  It is the only way to stay cool but be outside for a little exercise. 

We are on the countdown to our vacation in August.

No comments: