Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Slow

Recovery for Tee has been slow, but we expected that.  Monday was probably the worst day he has had.  I think the combination of pain and being tired caught up to him.  He had a 3 hour nap and then went to be just a little later than normal time.  Tuesday was definitely better.

I definitely think we are on the upswing.  He woke up this morning and did NOT ask for medicine first thing.  He really seemed ok until he sat down to eat.

He is able to eat lots of different kinds of food but when he certain foods he says his cheeks hurt.  I can't pin it down to any particular food.  I would say mainly sweeter types of food.  But I gave him spaghetti o's for lunch and he was not able to eat them either.  I am not sure what it is but if it is not better by tomorrow I will definitely call the doc.

He wakes up once a night for medicine.  He is in such pain.  Lucky for me he wakes up typically before I am asleep.  It does take a little while for him to down the medicine.  I have to admit it smells horrible.  I wonder if we could have gotten it flavored somehow.  

I have looked in his mouth and all I see are big white splotches.  I am sure it hurts.

And a cute Tee story.  A few weeks ago, our trees were full of blooms.  The tree blooms look like flowers until they turn into green leaves.  Tee was picking the "flowers" off the tree and putting them in my hair.  He said it looked so beautiful that I could get married.  He wishes he could marry me and wishes that he married me before his dad did.  Such a sweet little boy.  Not a Mommy's boy at all.   

No comments: